Collins brings the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie, to English language learners.
Agatha Christie is the most widely published author of all time and in any language. Now
Collins has adapted her famous detective novels for English language learners. These readers have been carefully adapted using the Collins COBUILD grading scheme to ensure that the language is at the correct level for an intermediate learner. This book is Level 3 in the Collins Elt Readers series. Level 3 is equivalent to CEF level B1 with a word count of 11,000 20,000 words.
Each book includes:
• Full reading of the adapted version available for free online
• Helpful notes on characters
• Cultural and historical notes relevant to the plot
• A glossary of the more difficult words
• Free online resources for students and teachers at www.collinselt.com/readers
Poirot receives a phone call from famous crime writer Ariadne Oliver she is staying with friends in Devon and she believes a murder is going to take place. When Poirot arrives to investigate, he can’t understand her concerns everyone is busy working together to prepare for a village fete. Why would anyone be planning a murder?
Soon Poirot realizes that everything is not as it seems but can he act quickly enough to stop the murder being committed?