Hugh Lofting's heartwarming tale of the gifted Doctor and his special relationship with the animal kingdom - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about Doctor Dolittle's transition to being an animal specialist, with his unique ability to speak to animals. Students and teachers alike will cherish the Doctor's adventures to Africa in this beloved tale of duty, warmth and friendship.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story