An Inspired Companion GuideBarrie Kerper
- Seductive, colorful, and in-depth articles that illuminate the dazzling treasures of Istanbul, from the Grand Bazaar to the Sultans'palaces; the delights of Istanbul's history: and the people and personalities that define the city today.
- Personal pieces that go beyond the usual tourist highlights, offering intimate reports on everything from the heavenly scent (and taste) of Turkish roses to the glitzy nightlife of this city of "minarets and miniskirts," to the unusual pleasure of being pummeled in a Turkish bath.
- Enticing recommendations for related reading, including novels, histories, memoirs, and guidebooks.
- An A-Z Miscellany of concise and entertaining information on everything from Alexander the Great and Atatürk to whirling dervishes and Turkish wine.
- Interviews, Q&As, and commentary from visitors and residents, including food writers Claudia Roden and Alan Richman, historian John Freely, and Nobel Prize-winner Orhan Pamuk.
- Spotlights on unusual shops, restaurants, hotels, and experiences not to be missed.