Rudyard Kipling's beloved origin tales - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the whale that loses his appetite for humans, the camel getting his hump, the rhinoceros getting his skin, how the kangaroo learns to hop, and many more. Students and teachers alike will be thrilled with these pleasant tales of fantasy that creatively explains the wonderment of nature in the most delightful way.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story