Louisa May Alcott's beloved tale of four sisters growing into womanhood during the American Civil War - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the lives of pretty Meg, temperamental Jo, shy Beth, and vain Amy. Students and teachers alike will appreciate the lessons of character discovered by the maturing sisters and their friends in Little Women.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story