Mark Twain's enduring boyhood adventure - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the likeable, yet mischievous Tom Sawyer, his irrepressible sidekick Huckleberry Finn and the cast of colorful characters that flourish on the banks of the Mississippi River. Students and teachers alike will be charmed by Twain's joyful ode to childhood innocence in the antebellum south.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story