Oscar Wilde's witty satire - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the stylish Jack Worthing who creates a fictional character named Ernest while in love with Gwendolen Fairfax who is the cousin of Jack's friend Algernon Moncrieff. Students and teachers alike will be charmed by this popular play. Lady Windermere's Fan and An Ideal Husband are also included in this collection.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story