Wilkie Collins weaves an intricate tale, starting with a yellow diamond being seized by a British officer in India. English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the young Rachel Verinder inheriting the diamond, which soon disappears and the Hindu priests, who intend to reclaim the revered stone. Students and teachers alike will be enthralled with the many characters involved in the transcendent mystery of The Moonstone.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story