Anthony Hope's thrilling timeless adventure - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the young Englishman who impersonates a European monarch in order to save the throne. Students and teachers alike will be immersed with the young Rudolf Rassendyll and Rudolf V, the future King of Ruritania, the cunning Black Michael, and the beautiful Princess Flavia in this captivating adaptation.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story