Emily Bronte's grand, turbulent tale of broken desire - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the vindictive Heathcliff and the unbridled passion that he feels for the lively but self absorbed Catherine Earnshaw. Students and teachers alike will be enthralled with the lives of the inhabitants of Thrushcross Grange and Wuthering Heights while discovering the destructive powers of unresolved love.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story